This product is available exclusively from Inner Strength's Practitioner range, by either:
200g Oral Powder
Gastrointestinal And Kidney Detoxification Support
- - Supports gastrointestinal and kidney detoxification.
- - Supports alkalinity and assists waste elimination.
- - Includes the detoxifying greens spirulina, cleavers and coriander.
- G-Tox Express may help to protect the integrity of the gastrointestinal mucosa: Glutamine inhibits the deterioration of gut permeability and preserves the mucosal structure by providing fuel to enterocytes of the small and large intestine helping to reduce gram negative bacterial translocation. Zinc has been shown to play an important role in the integrity of the apical junction complexes of intestinal cells. Larch arabinogalactans and pectin are excellent sources of dietary fibre that help to promote regular bowel movements to assist gastrointestinal detoxification.
- Improved detoxification capacity: Spirulina, coriander and cleavers are traditionally used for tissue cleansing and kidney detoxification in western herbal medicine. Coriander, along with zinc and pectin, has also been used to chelate toxins for excretion. Zinc competes with some toxins for binding sites and is involved in the functioning of metallothionein (MT), a chelating protein. Cleavers is traditionally used in western herbal medicine to support kidney detoxification by assisting urinary elimination of wastes.
- Alkalinity and toxin elimination: In order to maintain acid-alkaline balance throughout the various body systems, one system may be required to support another. For example, the bone matrix contains a substantial alkaline reserve such as calcium and magnesium cations that are released from the bone to balance an overly acidic dietary load in the event of inadequate buffering capacity in the blood. G-Tox Express contains Magnesium citrate. Citrate is metabolised to bicarbonate in the body, thereby adding to the buffering potential.
- Part of the Metagenics Clinical Detoxification Programs: G-Tox Express is an integral part of all of the Metagenics Clinical Detoxification Programs.