Lipoic Acid 600
This product is available exclusively from Inner Strength's Practitioner range, by either:
High Strength, Convenient Dose For Healthy Antioxidant Protection.
Lipoic Acid 600 has been shown to or may:
- Promote healthy carbohydrate metabolism and glucose transport and maintain healthy capillaries.
- Protect mitochondria against free radical damage, supporting cellular energy production
- Support glutathione production and liver phase II (conjugation) detoxification.
- Highest strength, researched 600 mg per tablet; convenient once a day dose.
- Antioxidant protection: Lipoic acid is an important fat and water soluble antioxidant, critical for protecting the mitochondria from free radical damage. The suggested mechanism is through stabilising the intracellular redox state by reducing excess nitric oxide and maintaining glutathione levels. Lipoic acid also provides antioxidant activity in the liver by chelating heavy metals.
- Capillary health and carbohydrate metabolism: Lipoic acid assists in the maintenance of healthy capillaries by improving the redox state of blood vessel endothelium. This regulates nitric oxide mediated vasodilation and vessel wall elasticity. Lipoic acid also plays a role in normal carbohydrate metabolism by acting as an essential coenzyme in the conversion of carbohydrates to energy.
- Assists cellular energy production: Lipoic acid plays a role in cellular energy production by acting as an important coenzyme in the Krebs cycle. Lipoamide (consisting of lipoic acid and an amino acid) is the coenzyme involved in the conversion of pyruvate to acetyl CoA.