Prime Essentials Multivitamin and Mineral
This product is available exclusively from Inner Strength's Practitioner range, by either:
Nutritional Cellular Protection.
Ingredients in Prime Essentials have been shown to or may:
- Help to protect cellular DNA against free radical damage.
- Contains antioxidants for healthy normal cardiovascular system.
- Additional cognitive support.
- Scientifically formulated to protect cellular DNA against free radical damage: Clinical studies have shown ingredients in Prime Essentials may reduce DNA breaks and support healthy cell function. A dose equivalent to 3 g of Green Tea leaves per day has been shown, in a placebo-controlled cross-over supplementation study, to protect cellular DNA against free radical damage (Figure One). Green Tea may also protect the genome through its positive associations with telomere length. Human and animal trials have shown that the epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) in green tea chelates free iron and copper ions which catalyse free radical generation. It also contributes to the down regulation of NFκ-B and AP-1 reducing chronic inflammation and supporting normal cell cycles. Cellular oxidative damage may also be reduced as superoxide, hydroxyl, peroxyl and peroxynitrite radicals are scavenged by the Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPC’s) in Grapeseed.
- Support for cognition and neurological function: A randomised, placebo-controlled trial on 44 to 78 year olds showed that boron has significant effects on mental performance, dexterity, hand-eye coordination, attention, perception and short-term and long-term memory. Chromium and manganese are also required for normal neurological function.
Figure One: Green Tea Reduces Oxidative Damage.